Spring 2007 Course Info
Listen to the course companion podcast: thewhyandhowofpodcasting.com.
Download a flyer(.pdf) about the course: Rice SCS Podcast Course Flyer.
If you’re in the Houston Texas area and would like to learn more about podcasting, I will be teaching a course entitled “The Why and How of Podcasting” at the Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies at Rice University. The classes will be on six Monday nights, April 16th through May 21, 2007, from 6pm to 9pm.Topics will include the following:
- an overview of podcasting
- planning your podcast and issues surrounding content, frequency, and style
- creating audio and video for podcasting along with eq and mixing techniques
- compressing audio, adding metadata, art work, etc.
- publishing tools, posting, and RSS feeds
- promoting your podcast using blogs, directories, and pr tools
Really… just “why” you would podcast and the questions surrounding getting into it… then the “how” of actually doing it. It will be part lecture, part discussion, and part hands on doing it. It has been suggested that I start a podcast as a companion leading up to the class and then podcast segments of the course after it’s over. I am in the process of getting that set up and will probably start those in January 2007.
If you’re thinking about coming to the course, contact me by email or comment on this page and tell me a bit about what stage of podcasting you’re in and what you’d like to get out of the course.
Houston Podcasting Class, Houston Podcast Training, Houston Podcaster Course.