Telling People What’s Coming Up in Your Next Podcast January 16, 2007Posted by Jeff in Podcasting.
I have heard differing opinions about letting people in on what your next podcast topic is going to be… so I thought I’d record the pros and cons and give my opinion.
- teaser may bring people back
- makes people interested in the next podcast even if they weren’t in the current one
- shows them that you’re thinking ahead and will most likely do the podcast when you say (or have recorded it already)
- may want to switch topics and you’ve already told people what you’re doing
- may loose some people if they’re not interested in the topic you lay out for next time
- if you don’t do the podcast about what you said or do it at a different time, you may loose credibility
In general, my advice is to not talk about what you’re going to talk about. I’ve seen it do more bad than good. Best case is, you take someone who might have been going to not listen to your next one, and bring them back. Worst case, you could loose more than one listener.